Reverie (4.13)


http://www.reveriewine.com/


Open 10:00 to 4:30

Appt required? Yes

Last barlinwine.com visit: 2006

Directions:

View Napa in a larger map or Get Directions

Tasting:
An interesting tasting experience. You start with a sample of their “Daydream” Sauvignon Blanc near the office. You then move to their wine caves to sample their ASKiken red table wine. Following this, we tried a Cabernet Franc and 2 Cabernets (regular and reserve) in their Redwood grove. I’ve tasted twice with Andrew Kiken, son of the owner and winemaker, and he’s bizarre (and not really in a good way). On my first visit, we joined a busload of USC people mid-taste. I know what you're thinking -- who would ever want to taste with USC people? But Andrew only made it worse by introducing me as a Notre Dame grad and made up something about me talking trash before I got there. The USC people were actually cool -- I know, I said it -- but likely because it was near the end of the day and they were trashed.

The property at Reverie is pretty awesome, and the roving tasting experience is unique and recommended. But depending on who is conducting tastings, there is an understated arrogance that detracts from some of the experience. Reverie's wines are good, but they're not fantastic, but they are priced as if they were. If you set your expectations appropriately going in, I think this can be an enjoyable tasting experience.

Recommended wine:
The Daydream Sauv Blanc was quite good, and the Cabernet was good but overpriced.

Ratings (out of 5):


WINE
3.75
TASTING ROOM
5.00

ATMOSPHERE
4.00
VALUE
3.75

OVERALL
4.13

No comments:

Post a Comment