Viansa (N/A)



Open: 10:00am-5:00pm

Appt required? No

Last barlinwine.com visit: 2012 (May 17, 2012 Itinerary)

Directions:


View Sonoma in a larger map or Get Directions

Tasting:
Can I review a tasting room without trying a drop of wine? Is my name embedded in the URL at the top of the page? Of course I can!

I stopped in to Viansa for the first time in 7 or 8 years on a Thursday morning around 10:15. The winery had been open for 15 minutes, and already there were three buses there and the tasting bar was packed shoulder-to-shoulder with loud visitors, while another 20 people roamed through their store. I had expected a bit of the touristy traffic that you get at places like Viansa and V. Sattui, but this was a bit much. Rather than fight the crowds, I decided I’d just skip the wine, take a few pictures, and cut my losses.


From a setting standpoint, Viansa has a beautiful property, filled with statuary and vegetation that give it a classic Italian villa feel. The tasting room is geared toward the bus crowds, with a marketplace full of foodstuffs and wine country trinkets. From what I remember from previous visits, Viansa makes A LOT of wines (over 30), and you have the opportunity to try several of them. Unfortunately, if it was packed at 10:15 on a Thursday morning, you’re probably going to be dealing with a pretty crowded tasting room no matter when you go.



Recommended wine: I do remember generally liking their wine, but it's been 8 years since I've had it so I can't really comment.


Ratings (out of 5):


WINE
N/A
TASTING ROOM
4.50

ATMOSPHERE
3.75
VALUE
N/A

OVERALL
N/A

No comments:

Post a Comment